DUO-Do Unto Others... As you would have them do unto you.
Those are the words we strive to live by.
Our goal is to work toward helping our neighbors, with a shared responsibility to meet the needs of people of all ages all over the world.
We know what we do is essential to healing cities, rural communities and nations. A call to action for people whose impossible situation is made possible through massive participation within local communities.
Our community services operate in 6 areas:
1. Meet the immediate need for food, water, electrical, communications, medical, shelter and sanitary conditions.
2. Begin cleanup, and tearing out and disposing of damaged building materials.
3.Providing hot meals to crew and family members.
4. Rebuild. Replace prep and paint drywall, plumbing components, heating and air components, flooring and landscape.
5. Assist the local economy by providing businesses the tools, equipment, training and support they need to get started.
6. The most important aspect in all of this is Logistics; Getting goods and services from one place to another in a timely fashion.
DUO is also a member of VOAD (Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster). Our goals on a state level is to provide warehousing and staging locations for other VOAD organizations as needs arise. These organizations are the first res-ponders, the clean up crews, the construction workers, and the entrepreneurs.
Your support and contributions will enable us to help disaster victims across the United States and around the world.